Saturday, October 8, 2022

Saturday 9 ~ Love Sneakin' Up on You

Love Sneakin' Up on You
You can see the others that participate in this fun meme at
Saturday 9.

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions! Saturday 9: Love Sneakin' Up on You (1994)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The song begins with Bonnie Raitt waiting anxiously for a call. If your phone were to ring right now, who would you expect to be on the other end? Well its early Friday morning, so first I would be paniced as it would probably be a family member, and with early, early morning phone calls its never good news.

2) She likens trying to avoid love to trying to stop the rain. Is rain expected where you are this weekend?nope, nothing expected until Wednesday

3) Bonnie was accepted by Radcliffe College but once she got there, she decided higher education wasn't for her and she dropped out to become a performer. Tell us about something you're not sorry you walked away from. fake friendships

4) Bonnie's father was Broadway star John Raitt. Because of his career, the family was based on the East Coast. Once Bonnie got out to the West Coast, she realized she felt more at home and settled in the San Francisco area. Today, do you live far from where you grew up? no, about 20 mins

5) Prince invited Bonnie to his home, Paisley Park, to discuss working together. The project never happened, but she treasures the memory of her time with a musician she greatly admired. What's your favorite Prince song? Purple Rain

6) When she's on the road, Bonnie likes to order Thai food. What's for dinner tonight at your house? We are going out, but not sure where yet, so its unknown

7) In 1994, when this song was popular, ER debuted and became a big hit for NBC. Do you enjoy doctor shows? I do! And I loved ER!

8) Also in 1994, Olympic figure skating hopeful Nancy Kerrigan was the victim of an attack. Her rival was rumored to be involved. Without looking it up, do you remember the name of that rival? Tanya Harding

9) Random question -- Which of these famous Tom would you rather be seated beside at dinner: Tom Cruise, Tom Jones, or Tom Brady? Tom Jones

5 comments:

  1. I watched ER faithfully for a while, too. I don't remember why I stopped. My viewing habits were so different before streaming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4 It seems like a lot of Sat9ers think 20 minutes is close by, I live a mile from where I grew up, I used to ride my bike in the woods where my house is now.
    #6 All the restaurants are closing on the Cape, my favor restaurants are closing this weekend or next which is the town's oyster festival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you know when a friendship is fake? I have so much trouble with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1... I filled out my answers really late on Thursday evening. It would have been a bad phone call for me too. Those make me so nervous. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purple Rain by Prince is amazing. He was amazing. Phoney Friends never care that much about you, only about themselves. No one needs such people in their lives. And many have mentioned ER. It's time for more binge watching to catch up! Hope you have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!