Monday, September 12, 2022

Happy Homemaker Monday

Back on track, missed last week, with Monday being the holiday I slept in, and then wasn't online much. Over the long weekend, we got the furniture moved over to the kids apt, and got their old couch out. It was quite comical getting the new couch in.

Picture in your mind the episode from Friends. I am at the top of the stairs holding the door open, and see them struggling, when I hear Ivy say "pivot, pivot, pivot" I lost it and was in a fit of giggles, and had to hurridely excuse myself to the bathroom... when I hear Christopher yell "mom, you are missing it, John has fallen from all the laughter". The neighbor peeks his head out and says, "you all want a hand?".

With the help of him, we finally got it up the last flight of stairs and into the apt. Oh my! I told them, they are on their own when its time to move out! The rest of the weekend, John and I enjoyed our new furniture, did some yard work and tried out a few recipes with the air fryer.

This weekend, we went to the gun and knife show with the kids. Christopher wanted help in picking out the right gun for Ivy for her birthday. She got the one she wanted, and much money was spent all the way round. But for me I checked off birthday and Christmas gifts for the kids, so it was a successful weekend!

Sunday was a day of relaxing and watching football. The lions, while they lost, they played a good game, and actually acted like a team who really wanted to win! Holding out hope for a great year!

Now onto HHM


I am linking up with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Head on over to find some other great bloggers.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


For Today... September 12th, 2022

The weather... Its 61° right now, and the high for today is 66°.


How I am feeling this morning... Ready for the work week after a great night of sleep!

Thinking and Pondering... I have a few cross stitch projects I need to fully finish, one being for a smalls exchange. I have an idea how I want to do it, just need to get in my craft room and get busy!

On the breakfast plate... french toast flavored toast and a mug of tea

What I'm wearing... My "live like its 9/12" tshirt and black leggings

On my reading pile... nothing at the moment

On my tv... Big Brother and the Bacherlorette - and football

On the menu this week
Monday ~ spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread and a salad
Tuesday ~ kielbasa and Mac-n-cheese
Wednesday ~ eggs, sausage and toast
Thursday ~ pizza
Friday ~ homemade chicken nuggets, fries and peaches
Saturday ~ ???
Sunday ~ ???

From the camera... New furniture, love my new recliner, that is a great addition for my stitchy spot (the 2nd recliner is the true color of the chairs, and the couch is a little darker than seen in the photo, but not quite as dark as the chairs. And a few finished cross stitch projects.

Looking around the house... I have bins to bring back downstairs after putting up my Fall decor, and TV trays need to be put up.

To Do List... dusting, vaccuuming, fold laundry, sweep/mop floors

New recipe I tried last week, or one that we really enjoyed, or one I want to try... I have a few that I will be trying out in the air fryer: meatballs, garlic knots (which is from a 2 ingredient bread recipe I saw on tik tok), and a dessert - still trying to decide between 2.

To relax this week, I will... cross stitch and possibly some crocheting.

On my prayer list... a lady from our church, who is still greiving the loss of her husband, lost her son over the weekend. He has suffered many seizures over the years, only to have a really bad one this weekend that took his life.

Devotional/Bible Verse/Quote...

In closing...Thank you for stopping by. I hope your week ahead is filled with lots of blessings!

Until next time remember to live a little, laugh alot and love always!

7 comments:

  1. OMG that episode of friends with Ross yelling PIVOT is exactly what came to mind the minute you said comical! Doesn't new furniture just make everything feel FRESH? Your cross stitching is stunning as usual! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rember moving furniture the last time we moved. Some had to go through windows. But your new funiture is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good afternoon, I pray this is a great week for you, I will not be visiting too much as I have started a new focus on my blog whereby I am encouraging women daily to focus more on God through various means that hopefully will bless them while they demonstrate Jesus to others in their world! I just feel that I have been a bystander Christian and if others are, too, then Im trying to make it easy for them to live more intentionally. There will be good stuff daily and I am hoping folks will stop in. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such hard times for that lady from church. Lovely new furniture. ah... moving kids... never stops

    ReplyDelete
  5. That episode of friends is the best! I had a similar experience when I moved into my first apartment after college. Moving furniture can be tricky. I love your needlework. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new furniture! Sorry to hear of all the losses the lady from your church is enduring. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jodi! ;)
    Oh my word- your pivot story literally had me Lol'ing!! I love that episode!! And I'm always excited to see what you've created...or are working on next. And when you decorate up your home. I always feel the cozy. 💗 I LOVE the cross stitches you shared - especially the Fall one - my absolute favorite time of year. 😊 🍁

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!