Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Tuesday 4 Meme ~ The 4th of July

I'm back after a little break... the world went crazy and I wasn't in the best frame of mind to be here on my blog... but I am in a much better place. I have missed visiting you all!!



I am happy to see that Annie from Cottage by the Sea is continuing on with the Tuesday 4 that Toni started.

Questions will be up for you here at 9PM on Sunday nights which will give enough time to answer and post on your own blog on Tuesdays. I hope you will enjoy these. Thanks for joining!

Welcome to Tuesday 4 which was started by Toni Taddeo
 and kept up in memory and honor of her.


This week, let's talk about the Fourth of July.

1. Do you think the 4th is an important holiday?Why , why not? I do. More than ever now with all the craziness in the world. Its the birthday of our country, and while there are some that don't believe in our country, I still do and it should be celebrated by all!

2. How do you celebrate? If you are not American, do you celebrate your nation's national holiday? Usually the hubs and I will head downtown to see the fireworks, but sadly this year they have been cancelled. So we will just sit home and listen to the random ones that we hear go off in the background of our neighborhood. I have my Patriotic hutch all set up.

3. In the time of Laura Ingals Wilder, all Americans read the Declaration of Independence every year on the 4th and lemonade was a big treat for the town picnic.
Do you read the Declaration of Independence? I have not, but plan on starting this year
Or, your nations important papers? these I have not
How about lemonade? Are you a fan? Love lemonade! I have a nice huge pitcher in the fridge as I type!

4. Picnic, eat inside the house or eat out for the 4th? A picnic sounds lovely, maybe this will be something the hubs and I do... along with bringing the kayaks and take a float around a lake!!!

8 comments:

  1. Your decorations look nice and very patriotic. Kayaking around the lake and having a picnic sounds like a great way to celebrate our country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back Jodi!
    Pretty decorations for the 4th.
    I enjoyed your answers.
    I love lemonade too.
    Have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you decorated your hutch. Have fun on the lake. I would love to be by a lake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to see you Jodi! It has been a while. Your hutch looks beautiful! I couldn't agree more on #1! Whatever you end up doing, have a great time and celebrate your freedom. Loved your answers! Have a nice holiday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love your displays. I hope you have a beautiful July 4. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your patriotic hutch! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're back! We missed you. I LOVE answers and your decoration pictures!

    Being a military family our flag flies daily! I know what you mean about living in the country and anything goes! Many things have been canceled here because of COVID, but many others are finding an opportunity to try new things. A local vineyard is having a 4th of July Social "distancing" event with food trucks, but we'll be staying home and BBQing. Have a GREAT rest of the week and Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're back and I must say, the hutch looks fantastic! I hope you and the hubs find a new way to celebrate the 4th.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!