Monday, January 27, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday

Good morning ladies! I missed you all last week. I hope you all had a great week! I was asked the week before if I would share my ham and egg brunch braid recipe, so here it is.

Ham 'N Eggs Brunch Braid


Ingredients:
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup milk
8 eggs, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dash ground black pepper
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons sliced green onions with tops
1 teaspoon butter or margarine
2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place cream cheese and milk in bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; whisk until smooth. Separate 1 egg and reserve egg white for later use. Whisk egg yolk, remaining seven eggs, salt and black pepper into cream cheese mixture until well blended. Add bell pepper and onions to egg mixture; mix well.

2. Melt butter in large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add egg mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set but still moist. Remove pan from heat.

3. Unroll crescent dough; do not separate. Arrange dough on stone pan with longest sides of rectangles across width of baking stone. Roll dough to seal seams. Starting on longest sides of baking stone, cut sides of dough into eight strips, about 1 1/2 inches wide and 3 inches long. Arrange ham evenly over center of dough. Scoop egg mixture over ham. Grate Cheddar cheese over egg mixture.

4. Starting at one end, lift one strip of dough; twist one turn and lay across top of filling. Repeat, alternating strips of dough to form a braid. Fold bottom edges up at ends of braid. Lightly beat reserved egg white; brush over dough. Bake 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown.

Now on with the HHM post




I am linking up with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Head on over to find some other great bloggers.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


For Today... Jan. 27th, 2020


The weather... Its 31° right now, and the high for today is 36°...so strange for this time of year


How I am feeling this morning... tired. I didn't sleep well last night. I think a nap will be in order for today!

On my mind... all the things I need to get done... not much of the housework got finished this weekend, I was in a mood of just stitching/crocheting all weekend. After the rough week I just wanted to relax with either a needle or hook.

On the breakfast plate... a strawberry cheesecake shake (Herbalife)

On my reading pile... Never Unfriended is begging to be picked backup

On my tv... 911, The Resident, This Is Us, the Chicago series -Fire/Med/PD, New Amsterdam, Greys, A Million Little Things, Blue Bloods, The Rookie. A few new ones will be added: Deputy, 911 Lonestar

On the menu this week
Monday ~ spaghetti and garlic bread
Tuesday ~ steak, baked potato and a salad
Wednesday ~ breakfast
Thursday ~ pizza
Friday ~ nachos
Saturday ~ ??
Sunday ~ ??

From the camera... my planner spread for the week and a finished cross stitch project



Looking around the house... I see a load of laundry that needs folding, blankets to be folded, dog toys htat need picked up.

Chore I'm not looking forward to today or this week... mopping

To relax this week, I will... be crocheting and working on cross stitch projects. Week 3 of 52 done of my temp afghan done, I am doing this one on Monday's only.


On my prayer list... Family, friends and our country

Devotional/Bible Verse/Quote...


In closing...Thank you for stopping by. I hope your week ahead is filled with lots of blessings!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sharing the recipe for the brunch braid, Jodi! It looks and sounds delicious!!! I'm sorry you didn't get much sleep last night and hope you rest better tonight. I love the pattern and colors of the new temperature afghan. That's lovely! Blessings for a great week ahead! I'm praying over you today. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brunch braid looks delicious! Hope you get in that nap today. Love the purples in your temperature afghan. And that cross stitch you shared speaks to my heart. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That brunch braid looks wonderful!
    I admire anyone who can cross stitch or crochet, your projects are beautiful.
    Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something was funky in the air last night - I don't think anyone at my house slept well either. Hopefully tonight is restful for us all :) Your stitching is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sleep fitfully every night, it seems. I just awakened from my nap! Your planner looks so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! that brunch braid sounds really good. I like strawberry cheesecake, but preferably the real one ;)
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your planner is so creative! Love the cross-stitch project...just beautiful. The strawberry cheesecake shake sounds pretty yummy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I'm so late saying hello dearest Jodi!
    I always love seeing what you're up to. And I copied that braid recipe!! Sounds so good! I think you need to start creating your own cross stitches and make your own shop. 😉 You are such a master at them. I've loved every single one I've seen!!
    Love your inspiration. So true - I take His hand daily. 🙏 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving those colors on the temperature afghan! And that brunch braid sounds delicious! I hope you had a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!