Found another fun meme to partake in. Head on over to Your Friend From Florida..... for other participants. Here is a medley of questions you may choose to answer on your Wednesday blog. There aren't any rules and there is no obligation. Link up if you want to. I'm doing this to fill my Wednesday and if you are interested, then I invite you to join in!! It might be fun!!
National Good Samaritan Day is observed on March 13th. This day is also known as Good Samaritan Involvement Day. This is a day for unselfish actions to help those in need and to celebrate kindness.
The term “good Samaritan” comes from the Bible parable where a Samaritan helped a stranger who had been robbed and beaten and left to die by the side of the road. The Samaritan not only cleaned the man’s wounds and clothed him, but took him to an inn where he paid for the man’s care.
The term is used today to describe those who perform acts of kindness for those in need, especially those who are strangers.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Make an effort to help someone who is struggling or having a problem. Use #GoodSamaritanDay to post on social media.
------------------------------------------------------
1. When did someone come to your rescue and can you tell us about it? Honestly, I can't think of anything
2. When did you help someone out of a jam and can you tell us about it? As for helping a stranger, I don't think so... but would helping out your brother/sis inlaw/nieces count.. if so... they were on their way home from Florida many, many years ago when the small motor home they were in broke down, and was non driveable.. this was on New Year's Even.... when we got the call.. so we dropped our boys off at my parents, and off we went...drove down to Kentucky, met them at the hotel they were in..got there in the wee hours, took a short few hour nap, then loaded up our van with as much of their stuff as we could, we were so packed in, in the back two row of seats: me, her, and the 2 nieces (at the time), one being in a carseat still... oh boy was it a wild ride! We made the round trip in under 23 hrs. Would I do it again...you bet in a heart beat!
3. What are your thoughts on being a good Samaritan? Some states (like Florida) have even passed Good Samaritan laws so you don't get into trouble with the law for trying to help someone. Back in the day I would help out if I could... but now in this day and age, I think I am way to cautious as I just don't trust like I have in the past.
4. Thursday is National Pi Day. It's a fun play on the date 3.14. Will you have some pie to celebrate? I probably will, as we still have some cheesecake left over
5. Did you know that Pi is the most studied number in mathematics? Are you good with numbers? eh, sort of
6. Tell us something random about your week. So far up to today, its been a rather boring/slow week... the end of the week we will be celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary (on Sat).


Happy 23rd Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteHappy Anniversary to you! And that definitely counted as a rescue! This has been mostly a slow week for me, too. Have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Delete23;years, goodness, we’re on #47 about to be 48. Yikes! Have a great rest of the week!
ReplyDelete47, wow!! Congrats!!
DeleteWell happy anniversary on Saturday!! Certainly something to celebrate. :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteOh how n ice your Anniversary is coming up!! I hope it is great! Have fun celebrating! Loved your answers! Happy Wednesday!
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Thanks! I am looking forward to a fun day and night out with the hubs!
Delete❤️
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteHappy anniversary!! Of course helping family counts!! Thanks for joining the Medley today!! I enjoyed your answers!!
ReplyDeleteTHanks!!
DeleteWOW … and what a New Years Eve to remember! And 23 years together is a super achievement in this day and age! (When you've a moment, would you share how to create that FB and Pinterest badges on your sidebar?)
ReplyDeleteIt was!! I can't remember how I did the FB badge, and can't find the option on FB either. The pinterest one, go here and do the "follow button" option.
DeleteI think it's sad that people are wary of helping in case it backfires but I do understand. Happy anniversary! I hope you have a nice celebration.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Delete