Saturday, March 16, 2019

Saturday 9 ~ Molly Malone

You can see the others that participate in this fun meme at
Saturday 9.


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) Are you of Irish descent? I am

2) Legend has it that the heroine of this week's Irish ballad was a real lass. 17th century birth and burial records confirm that a woman with that name lived in Dublin. Can you think of another song about a real historic figure? not that I can think of

3) Molly sold fish from a cart that she wheeled through the streets. What's the last seafood you ate? we had fish the other night

4) The lyrics tell us that, after her death, her ghost continues to wander the streets of Dublin with her wheel barrow. Do you believe in ghosts? no

5) This week's featured band, The Dubliners, are obviously from Dublin. They were introduced to American audiences on The Ed Sullivan Show. Today, Stephen Colbert tapes his show in The Ed Sullivan Theater. Who hosted the last talk show you watched? Oh geeze.. I haven't watched talk shows is so long... probably The View... but honestly I don't remember

6) Corned beef and cabbage is a traditional St. Patrick's Day dish. Is it a favorite of yours? yeah, no

7) According to Irish legend, leprechauns earned the gold in the pot they guard by repairing shoes. Crazy Sam can't remember the last time she got a pair of shoes repaired. When the heels wear away, she discards the shoes and buys new ones. What about you? Do you get your shoes fixed (either by leprechauns or just by ordinary repairmen)? Nope - I toss them and go buy a new pair

8) Do you look good in green, the signature color of St. Patrick's Day? I think so... its been a long while since I've worn green though.

9) Random question: Did you more recently sneeze or cough? sneeze... 4 in a row.. I had been dusting and it never fails, the sneeze fest ensues.

8 comments:

  1. #9 made me feel guilty. My TV cable box is so dusty I could write my initials in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fried fish is something a bunch of us have in common!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am allergic to dust too. I need to dust over my Spring Break. Maybe I will do that today. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dusting will make anyone sneeze, allergies or not, I think. But it is certainly the time of the year for allergies of all kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless you for the sneezes ;). I had fish as well. Love fish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #5 reminds me that I watched the clip of Whoopi Goldberg showing up on The View the other day, as she recovers from her illness. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I won't come haunt you then. hehe
    Oh dust, and molds, they are the bane of many an existence. *achoo!*
    I got a short addiction to The View, but then it sort of wandered away. It's the commercials the shows are saddled with... they just make me want to scream!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting that most of us don't believe in ghosts or watching talk shows. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!