Friday, February 3, 2017

Trying new things

Tried a new recipe, and while I liked it, the hubs didn't really care for it. Bummer. He said he wasn't a fan of salmon. I wish he would have told me that when I was telling him about the recipe. So now I need to try it with a different type of fish. I hate when I make something and then it goes to waste. I will keep trying, as I am tired of having the same food items day in and day out.

The recipe I tried was, Honey and Pecan Glazed Salmon

1/4 cup honey
4 tsp finely chopped pecans
1 TBSP soy sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Preheat oven to 425

Combine first three ingredients in a large zip top bag. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper; add to bag and seal. Marinade in refrigerator at least 15 minutes. Remove fish and nuts from bag, reserving marinade. Place fish on foil lined pan and top with nuts. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting fish twice with reserved marinade while baking.

I served it with green beans and a southwestern style rice. I may still make this on occasion for myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!