Monday, January 22, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday

Oh my, where have I been? No where really. Time/life just got in the way. The last HHM I participated in was Oct of 2022 ~ sheesh! So much has happened in the last year and a half! Working full time does take a toll on you, and the nights just seem to go by way to fast before I know its its time for me to head off to bed.

We gained a daughter in August. Our oldest got married to a wonderful girl, Ivy. Not only did we gain a new daughter, but a new family as well. Her mom and step dad, brother and his girlfriend are treasures. So the planning and leading up to the wedding, with showers and what not kept us busy.


And just when you think its time to get back into a routine of everyday life, they surprise you! We planned an outing to go to Frankenmuth for us gals, that the guys proceeded to jump in and say, hey we want to go to. So We picked a Saturday in Oct to head over for the day. Ivy and Christopher wanted us to all meet up in the parking lot before heading out to see the sights, as they had a thank you gift for us parents for helping with the wedding.... I thought was strange, as no gift was necessary, as it was our honor to help with the wedding. So we were each handed a black box, to be opened all togheher... um, ok... So we all opened up at the same time, and this is what we found...


I added the back drops of the blankets, and had posted on instagram team blue or team pink... of course I was team pink! Oh the joy! So everything shifted to all things baby! Leading up to Jan 13th, when we had the gender reveal party. I couldn't whip out the needles/hooks/yarn, as I didn't want to do things gender nuetral, so the wait was long. I have a video on my you tube, that has the video of the reveal, you can watch if you want, the clip is towards the end. But we will have a granddaughter come June 10th of this year!

So this Grammy Jo is geared up to create oh so many girlie things! Its been a long while since there has been any littles, and girls at that rate. I've got a blanket in the works, as well as a cute little granny square teddy bear, and sweater. She wants a teddy bear themed shower that her mom and I are planning with her brother's girlfriend as well. They want a combined shower for both sides, so it shall be interesting, but fun!

So that's whats been going on in my little corner of the world for the last yearish. Oh, and we got a new dog. I had said no more pets after we lost Lici, but hubs wanted a bulldog.... we made it a year with no pets, but I am adamant that after her we will be getting no more. She has been a handful over the last year, kinda another reason I went mia here in cyber world.


Let's jump in to the HHM!


I am linking up with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Head on over to find some other great bloggers.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


For Today... January 22, 2024

The weather... Its 19° right now, and the high for today is 33°.

As I look outside my window...

Right now I am ... I am working on cross stitch project before I head upstairs to log in to work

Thinking and Pondering... all things baby, and what I need to get done, bought, etc

How am I feeling... tired, but that is nothing new

On the breakfast plate... banana caramel herbalife shake

On the lunch plate... minestrone soup

On the dinner plate... sketti, its Monday after all

What I'm wearing... a gray top with pink and gray plaid arms and a pair of gray leggings

On my reading pile... nothing at the moment

On my tv... football - Chicago Med/Fire/PD - waiting patiently for all of the other shows to finally comeback!

On the menu this week
Monday ~ spaghetti, garlic bread and a salad
Tuesday ~ tacos
Wednesday ~ waffles & sausage
Thursday ~ pizza
Friday ~ leftovers
Saturday ~ date night - probably Logans
Sunday ~ steak, baked potato, and a salad

Looking around the house... all I see are Mag's toys

To Do List... dishes, vaccum/sweep, dust, knitting, crochet and cross stitch projects

From the camera... none for this week, as I was a little photo heavy in the beginning.

New recipe I tried last week, or one that we really enjoyed, or one I want to try... nothing at the moment

To relax this week, I will... cross stitch, crochet and knitting

On my prayer list... all those who are affected with cold weather. We are all dug out, but its still really cold.

Devotional/Bible Verse/Quote...


In closing...Thank you for stopping by. I hope your week ahead is filled with lots of blessings!

Until next time remember to live a little, laugh alot and love always!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all your blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on new baby. Always a joyful occasion. Enjoyed the pictures. Have a great week 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, so happy to read about all the good things happening over there. Congratulations! That first dog picture looks like she's saying "who me? a handful? no..." LOL. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone is football! Who are you pulling for? Congrats on this new season and all the wonderful things you've got going on in your life right now! I know you have been so busy! The wedding photos are gorgeous! So glad you're sharing again! :) It's COLD, I hope you can stay warm! Have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my Lovely! It's been so fun to follow you on insta and all of the progression of joy! So much fun -and even more fun to look forward to! I pray all that time that it might be God's will to bless us with grandkiddos one day. Oh that will be SO FUN!!
    Your furry baby is absolutely adorable too!! Hopefully this warmer weather keeps up. And congrats again on your giveaway win! Blessings to you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful family pictures - loved your dress. Congrats for the wedding and the new granddaughter to come! Grandkids are so precious. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!