Monday, July 25, 2022

Update and Happy Homemaker Monday

Whew! Its been a hot minute since I have been here, outside of a few Tasty Tuesday post and a random crochet share that are links to go along with my youtube. What can I say, life got in the way. So much has happened over the last almost year. The holidays were quiet small family events with just the hubs, my boys and Ivy. The end of the year had me in the ER with a frozen shoulder again, this time my right one. Not a good thing as I am right handed and trying to do things with my left was no fun.

Once we got home from there, I was in drugged sleep (finally, after not being able to sleep for 3 nights due to the pain - muscle relaxers are a godsend), only to be woken to my phone buzzing. I groggily answered to my son saying, "did you see Ivy's snapchat", while talking with him I opened up the app to a pic of him down on one knee. I was instantly awake, and wanted all the details. She said yes! I will be gaining a daughter next August!

I've been keeping myself busy with lots of cross stitching. Crocheting has taken a back burner this year as it tends to aggrivate my shoulder more than the stitching, but will still pick up a hook now and then. The right shoulder is taking alot longer to heal than when I had this happen to my left one a few years ago. I will share more of my projects as time goes on. The hubs and I have been taking little weekend trips around the state and just enjoying out time together. Went to a few concerts, The Marshall Tucker Band and then the Doobie Brothers and Michael McDonald. The youngest has moved out again, so we are back to being empty nesters.

In June I went to Stitchcon that was in Ohio for a cross stitch retreat. Made new stitchy friends, and reconnected with old ones. The weekend away was what my soul needed.

We've has lots of puppy time over the last month with the grand pups with a few things that have happened, one being a sad time with a loss of a close friend of my oldest, and then to the recent trip of theirs when they went to get engagement photos taken.


And now pics of my grand fur babies (1st three are Christopher and Ivy's):
Jax

Opie

Pikis (pee-keys)

Ichigo (Trent's new kitten)


And the last big update, I am back working full time. With the rising cost of just about everything and an opening in my department that was a bit of a promotion, it was a no brainer to make the switch. That's what has been going on in my corner of the world for the last few (many) months!

Now onto the HHM post


I am linking up with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Head on over to find some other great bloggers.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


For Today... July 25th, 2022

The weather... Its 62° right now, and the high for today is 89°.

How I am feeling this morning... tired still getting used to working full time, not having my 4 day weekends to unwind is so missed

On my mind... vacation.... trying to get things organized and ready for our stay at a cottage in Aug

On the breakfast plate... a bowl of Raisn Bran

On my reading pile... nothing at the moment

On my tv... Big Brother, Heartland and the Bacherlorette

On the menu this week
Monday ~ baked ziti and garlic bread
Tuesday ~ tacos
Wednesday ~ eggs, sausage and toast
Thursday ~ pizza
Friday ~ leftovers
Saturday ~ ???
Sunday ~ ???

From the camera... see above

Looking around the house... everything seems to be in its place...for the moment

New recipe I tried last week, or one that we really enjoyed, or one I want to try... nothing at the moment

Something I want to share... .

To relax this week, I will... cross stitch.

On my prayer list... family, friends and our country

Devotional/Bible Verse/Quote...

In closing...Thank you for stopping by. I hope your week ahead is filled with lots of blessings! Until next time remember to live a little, laugh alot and love always!

5 comments:

  1. HI Jodi! It's SO wonderful to have you back to HHM. 🤗 Congrats on your son's engagement- how exciting!! They're a beautiful couple and look so happy. 💝
    Prayers for your shoulder to fully heal and to not give you further grief. I love seeing your crafts and stitching and I hope there's still lots in your future. Blessings on your week ahead. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I enjoyed visiting. Thanks for communicating ng by my blog. I was gonna visit HHM tonight. My year has been crazy to my Cowboy had been sick. I am crocheting. Sorry your unable to. I am gonna hang out and look for your crochet posts. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're back! Wonderful pictures and congratulations to your son! What fun to look forward to a wedding. Hope you heal well and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jodi. What an awful thing to deal with your shoulder, but glad you got the help you needed. Congratulations on your son's engagement, beautiful bride to be. Loved all the photos of their engagement and your grand fur babies.

    Have a wonderful week,
    Sandra
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I'm so sorry to hear about your shoulder, a good friend had that condition a while back and I remember it was quite painful for her, hope it is not bothering you as much this week. Congrats to your son on his engagement. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!