Saturday, March 13, 2021

Saturday 9 ~ Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral

Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral
You can see the others that participate in this fun meme at
Saturday 9.




 Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that   we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!



Saturday 9: Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral (1944)

Selected because this Wednesday is St. Patrick's Day. Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) Bing Crosby sings that he learned this song from his mother. Can you recall a song from your early childhood? actually song no, but all of the singy nursery rhymes, yes

2) Bing was NBC's first choice to play TV's Columbo. He turned down the role because, by that time, he was in his 60s and just didn't feel like working a full week anymore. Peter Falk eventually got the part and played Det. Columbo for 10 seasons. Do you enjoy detective stories, whether on TV, in movies or in books? I do. Right now I am binging Rizzoli and Isles on Hulu

3) Bing could trace his family back to County Cork. While it's said that on St. Patrick's Day everyone is Irish, can you honestly claim Irish heritage? I can

4) Other than St. Patrick, what is Ireland famous for? the rolling green hills

5) "The wearing o' the green" is one way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Will you wear something green in honor of the day? eh, probably not, green isn't a color I wear normally.

6) Have you ever had green beer? no, I don't drink beer

7) Have you ever ordered a Shamrock Shake from McDonald's? nope

8) A four-leaf clover is considered good luck. Do you have a lucky charm? no

9) Speaking of Lucky Charms, they are magically delicious. What brand of cereal is in your kitchen right now? we do have a box of Lucky Charms as well as (my youngest is back home and has a cereal fettish lol) Cheerios, Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Mini Wheats

9 comments:

  1. I don't like beer at all and we have
    lots of cereals in our kitchen cabinet.
    Have a good Saturday.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple Cinnamon Cheerios sound great! I'll have to look for those on the store shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rizzoli and Isles was one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not tried the apple cinnamon cheerios. They sound good though. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I binge "Rizzoli and Isles" too. Have you read the books? (Angie Harmon is SO COMPLETELY UNLIKE the Rizzoli in the books)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard Rizzoli & Isles is good, but I've not watched it. And until I saw Bev's comments, I didn't know there were books, so now I have to go to Amazon and look them up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize Rizzoli and Isles was a detective show. Thanks for the tip. I need something new to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A whole bunch of us learned rhymes in our toddler years. They really stay with a person!
    I'm going to look for the books as well. I've read all of P.D. James and most or Ruth Rendel plus all of the Holmes novels. I love mysteries.
    Hope you have a lovely St. Patrick's Day, wearing green of not. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!