Saturday, March 27, 2021

Saturday 9 ~ Fooled by a Feeling

Fooled by a Feeling
You can see the others that participate in this fun meme at
Saturday 9.




 Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that   we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!



Saturday 9: Fooled by a Feeling (1979)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
Chosen because next week is April Fool's Day.

1) Some believe that the practice of playing tricks on one another on April 1 dates back to the 14th century because it's mentioned in Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales. Geoffrey Chaucer is considered one of England's greatest poets. From memory, quote a bit of poetry for us. (It doesn't have to be English, or great.) Roses are red, violets are blue

2) When Crazy Sam was a little girl, her mother would prank her on April Fool's Day by slipping a rubber worm or plastic spider in her lunch box. Did you/do you carry a lunchbox, either as a student or an adult? as a child I did, in middle school/high school - no, and now as an adult when I worked outside the home I did...

3) In 1998, Burger King got into the April Fool's Day fun by promoting a special "Left Handed Whopper," supposedly designed to perfect for a leftie to hold. Describe your perfect burger. one grilled by my boy...and topped with ketchup, either relish or pickles, tomato and a little bit of lettuce

4) In this week's song, Barbara Mandrell sings that she followed her heart into her lover's arms. Are you more often led by your heart or head? my head

5) She knows now she was wrong for believing her man loved her. When did you recently admit you were wrong? me wrong??? oh pshaw! LOL, if I am wrong I do admit it.

6) Barbara Mandrell recalls being able to read music before she could read words. Can you read sheet music? I used when I was in band....

7) Barbara had her own TV variety show in the 1980s and, in the 90s, acted on the daytime drama, Sunset Beach. The soap opera's producer, Aaron Spelling, was a huge fan of Barbara's and was thrilled to finally meet and work with her. Tell us about someone you really enjoyed working with, and why. lets go wayyyyyy back to the 80's, when we were young and didn't have many cares.... working with friends at McDonald's... oh the good times we had

8) In 1979, when this song was released, a top-of-the-line Sony Walkman sold for $150 (approx. $500 in today's dollars). Did you have a portable cassette player back in the day? yes!

9) Random question: What's the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning? well lets see I am answering this on Thursday... the first thing I thought of was... I am so very tired.... the dog was up multiple times in the night. I don't know what is worse kids or pets (the boys are grown, so now I guess its the dog's turn to keep mom awake... sigh

7 comments:

  1. #9 -- You sound like a good pet mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same answer for #1.
    Love your answer for #5.
    Have a nice Saturday.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have my Walkman even though I haven't used it in decades, it is buried somewhere in the back of my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don’t have any sort of cassette player anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy used to wake me up in the night in the summer just wanting to go outside and explore the sounds. I miss her, but not getting up in the middle of the night.
    McDonald's was a fun job...working with all of my friends. We did stuff together all of the time right after work. I loved it. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to hear about your band days... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A hamburger made with love would be the best kind.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!