Saturday, February 27, 2021

Saturday 9 ~ Bills, Bills, Bills

Bills, Bills, Bills
You can see the others that participate in this fun meme at
Saturday 9.




Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!



BILLS, BILLS, BILLS (1999)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a cheating boyfriend. Unlike most songs, where the lover deceives by seeing another, this one squanders his girl's financial resources. She sings that he's ruined her credit. Do you know your credit score? I do, I check it often

2) How often do you pay your bills? Do you handle them as they come in, or do you pay weekly, bi-weekly or monthly? Or are you lucky enough to have someone else handle your bills? As they come in

3) Destiny's Child had a hit with "Bills, Bills, Bills." This girl group got their start in Houston, TX. During the recent, bruising storm, lead singer Beyonce sent food, money and water to her home state. Have you spent much time in the Lone Star State nope, only been there once, and it was just at the airport, we had a 2 hr layover

4) Beyonce is the breakout star of the group and went on to have a highly successful solo career. Can you think of another star who began his/her career as the member of a group? no

5) "Bills, Bills, Bills" was performed a cappella by the kids on Glee. That Fox show ran for six seasons. Were you a fan? no, never watched this show

6) In 1999, when this song was on the charts, SpongeBob SquarePants premiered. The show remains popular among the younger set. Have you ever seen it? yep, both boys loved Spongebob

7) SpongeBob has become an industry, spawning movies, a Broadway musical, video games and both coloring and comic books. Once considered children's amusements, today coloring and comic books enjoy a following among adults. Have you recently enjoyed coloring or reading a comic book? I have few adult coloring books I color in

8) Also in 1999, Walmart expanded to the United Kingdom. Do you shop at Walmart? I do

9) Random question -- We've all met people who aren't exactly as they present themselves. Are you good at spotting a phony? yes

9 comments:

  1. Who lives in a pinneapple under the sea?
    Spongebob Squarepants!
    Absorbent and yellow and porous is he?
    Spongebob Squarepants!

    My nephew was a HUGE Spongebob fan, so the song is embedded in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodi:
    I enjoyed your answers today.
    I also pay the bills when they come in.
    I watched Sponge Bob with our granddaughter,
    she was at the right age during that time.
    Have a great day.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to go out to get my mail, with the plague I haven't been walking down to the mail box, I should do it today, the last mail of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dreaded layover. We had big layovers in both Dallas and Houston when we flew so I got to explore the airports pretty thoroughly, at least. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe we may go car shopping today, the credit scores made me think of it. Karl's vehicle needs to be changed, but we will see. Covid is making it kind of hard. I believe he has found one place to visit today though. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to do a credit check, this meme has reminded me. I haven't done one in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spongebob ...he’s quite popular, isn’t he?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids were too old for sponge bob and I'll be glad forever of it. lol
    Coloring books are such a temptation, but I'm not currently drawn to the ones I have. Did you know you can download pages at Pinterest? They are here and there all over the arty parts of Pin.
    Layovers were absolutely no fun, but now, we have our screened electronic toys. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use to want to visit Texas, but not anymore. I would rather go back to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!