Monday, November 18, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday

Good morning! I had one of the best weekends in really long time! My time in Minnesota was so much fun! Spending hours in Stitchville USA looking at all of the cross stitch models, patterns, fabric and floss. So much goodness!! Then visiting Minnesota's Worlds Largest Candy Store, so much candy and other fun goodies! We then went to Mall of America, just to check it out, its been years since I have been there. We had dinner at Wahlburgers, oh so good!!

Then to Saturday...we headed to the out to Osage, Iowa to the Stitchery Nook to meet up with Holly and Anita from Shine, Sparkle and Stitch on youtube. We thought a few people were going to show up, it turned out that there was 14 of us altogether. What a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon... not only in another fun stitchy store, but the good times with some new life long stitchy friends!

And then it was time to head back home. Getting up at 2:30 am to catch a 5:50 flight was not fun. Back to reality and the work week.

Now onto this week's Happy Homemaker Monday post


I am linking up with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Head on over to find some other great bloggers.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


For Today... Nov 18th, 2019

The weather...Its 32°.... And the high of 43° for today. Its a little warmer this week

As I look outside my window...The snow is pretty much gone, I am hoping it stays away for a few more weeks!

On my bedside table... my alarm clock, Kindle, iPad and a journal

On my reading pile... Letting Go of Perfect by Amy E Speigel - is the one I have started out of the 3, so far its good -- I haven't picked this up in the last week, and need to get back to reading it. I am half way through it.


Movies or Shows I watched this weekend... No movies this weekend

On my TV...Walking Dead, 911, The Resident, This Is Us, the Chicago series -Fire/Med/PD, New Amsterdam, Greys, A Million Little Things, Blue Bloods, The Rookie.

On the menu for this week...
Monday ~ spaghetti, salad, and garlic bread
Tuesday ~ fish, rice and corn
Wednesday ~ breakfast
Thursday ~ pizza
Friday ~ leftovers
Saturday ~ ??
Sunday ~ pork chops, mashed potatoes, corn and rolls

In the craft basket... working on a temperature afghan, week 46 of 52 completed


Happening this week:
Monday ~ work, work out
Tuesday ~ work work out
Wednesday ~ work
Thursday ~ craft day, errands, maybe Lici to groomer
Friday ~ groceries, pick up house
Saturday ~ not sure yet
Sunday ~ church, and not sure what else

Looking around the house... I am pleasantly surprised that the house is picked up. I thought for sure I would come home to a mess, as the hubs doesn't tend to pick up after himself when I am out of town.

From the camera... Will be a little pic heavy this week.

My friend Shannon and I
Dinner at Cosetta's, and the oh so yummy desserts in the bakery

The next collage pics for the candy store, Mall of America

And then the meet up at The Stitchery Nook


What I'm wearing today... a purple tshirt and black leggings


One of my simple pleasures...meeting new friends and making memories

A favorite Bible verse, devotion or quote for today...

On my prayer list... For family, friends and our country

In closing...Thank you for stopping by. I hope your week ahead is filled with lots of blessings!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Jodi, your Happy Homemaker Monday post was so enjoyable. I've never been to Minnesota and reading your post made me feel like i was there. Many blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fabulous trip! I've had a great time every time we've visited Minnesota, such a fun state. How wonderful to come home to a clean house. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great trip with lots of new friends.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great weekend for sure, Jodi! What fun! Ely, Minnesota (way up in the arrowhead) is my second home. One of my favorite parts of the trip is driving through St. Paul at night. What a beautiful city! <3 I hope your Monday is going well and have a great week ahead! Blessings! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks and sounds like you had a FANTASTIC weekend short of the super early flight! What a PERFECT inspiration for this week. Have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so impressed that you've kept up with your temperature afghan! Glad your trip was so fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quote! Love the shirt, looks like you had so much fun while you were away. That candy store, holy moley, it looks like it had everything! Your menu sounds great, I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep up the working out.. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip! Have a great week :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a pleasant Happy Homemaker post to read. I am looking forward to meeting new blog friends by participating in this series.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!