You can see the others that participate in this fun meme at
Saturday 9.
Saturday 9.
Every Time You Go Away
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions.
va
Saturday 9: Every Time You Go Away (1985)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about separation. Who is the last person you said goodbye (or maybe just "so long") to? my brother/sister inlaw/nieces when I had to head back home from Florida
2) This week's featured artist, Paul Young, was a gifted athlete during his school days and briefly played professional football (aka soccer). Sam enjoys playing tennis, though her serve doesn't give Serena Williams anything to worry about. What's something you enjoy doing, even if you don't excel? sing....I can belt out a tune, but only in the privacy of my home (and or car), but only when its just me home (in the car)!
3) Mr. Young and his wife Stacy were married for 31 years, until her death in 2018. What do you think is the key to a happy marriage? communication
4) Paul Young's performance of this hit song was one of the highlights of the July 1985 Live Aid Concert. This international benefit raised more than $100 million to alleviate hunger in Ethiopia. Tell us about a charity you support. breast cancer
5) This song was written by Daryl Hall, of Hall and Oates. What's your favorite Hall and Oates song? oh my gosh... Private Eyes, Rich Girl, You Make My Dreams, Kiss on My List, I Can't Go For That, Say It Isn't So, Maneater...to name a few
6) In 1985, when this song was popular, the New Coke was unsuccessfully introduced. What's the last beverage you drank? water
7) In 1985, the New York Stock Exchange had to close because of Hurricane Gloria. Has a hurricane shared your name? (Find a list of recent/upcoming storm names here.) I don't think so
8) 1985 was the year that the Titanic wreckage was discovered. There have been at least 11 movies and TV shows about the fatal voyage. Have you seen any of them? I have seen a few - the hubs likes these kinda movies
9) Random question: Would you rather own and run a coffee shop or a shoe store? Why? Love shoes... but touching other peoples feet... eeewww no thank you! So a coffee/tea (not a coffee drinker) shop it is...and have a yarn shop in it as well....why? because I think it would be cool


Like you, I'm an enthusiastic but secret singer.
ReplyDeleteI love singing in the car! I’m with you about touching other people’s feet! No thanks. But if we own the shop, we can hire people to do that! Right?
ReplyDeleteBreast cancer is a great charity to give to! Everyone has such great charities and different ones. That is awesome.
ReplyDeleteI am not a coffee drinker either. I planned to hire people to do the shoes, but I think I could do it. I work with preschoolers. I have worse happen there probably. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!
https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
A yarn shop is perfect! I didn't even think of that as an option! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Jodi, I agree. A yarn shop would be perfect for you. As for me it's definitely a coffee shop. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteI used to be a professional singer a very long time ago, played in a band with guitar and sang. But now my asthma keeps me from belting out a good tune like I once did.
ReplyDeleteI don't know why I didn't think of singing. I sing all the time at home and in the car, but no way am I singing in public!
ReplyDelete