Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Wednesday Medley ~ National Joe Day


Found another fun meme to partake in. Head on over to Your Friend From Florida..... for other participants. Here is a medley of questions you may choose to answer on your Wednesday blog. There aren't any rules and there is no obligation. Link up if you want to. I'm doing this to fill my Wednesday and if you are interested, then I invite you to join in!! It might be fun!!

Everything below this line was copied from the National Calendar site.
---------------------------------------------------------------

National Joe Day - March 27

NATIONAL JOE DAY

Enjoy a cup of “joe” with all of your friends named Joe, Jo, Joette, Joey, Joseph, Josephine, Johanna, Joann, Jodie or any variant of the name Joe every year on March 27th, National Joe Day.

According to the Social Security Administration, the name Joseph was ranked No. 6 from 1893 to 1899 behind John, William, James, George, and Charles. In 1910, it moved to No. 5. From 1911 to 2005 it was ranked No. 12 or lower.

There are many famous people named Joe. Just a few are:

  • Joe Montana Coach, American football player.
  • Joe Pesci Comedian, Musician Actor.
  • Joe Biden Politician, Lawyer.
  • Joseph Gordon-Levitt Theatrical producer, Entrepreneur Film Producer.
  • Joe Namath Actor, American football player.
  • Joseph Stalin Politician, Soldier.
  • Joey Ramone Songwriter, Musician Singer-songwriter.
  • Shoeless Joe Jackson, Baseball player.
  • Joe Green, American football player
  • Joe Jonas, Musician
  • Joe DiMaggio, Baseball player, actor
  • Joe Cocker, Musician
  • Joe Frazier, Boxer
  • Joe Mauer, Baseball player
  • Joe Walsh, Musician

HOW TO OBSERVE

During our research, we found this day has a few different versions as to how it is celebrated.

1. Honor all people with the name “Joe.”
2. For the day, change your name to a name of your choice.
3. Everyone change their name to “Joe” for the day. Women and girls may use “Josephine” or “Jodie.”

Use #NationalJoeDay to post on social media.

Everything above this line is copied from the National Calendar site.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Who is your favorite "Joe/Jo" and what can you tell us about him or her? me..lol I have the nickname of "Jo" by my friends. Ok, so my favorite Joe would be my husbands Uncle Joe. He is such a fun guy to be around. Everyone needs and Uncle Joe!

2. Who were you named for and do you or did you know that person? I think I remember a time or two my mother saying I was named after someone, but don't really recall

3. Do you have a middle name and do you like it/use it? My middle name is Lee, and I don't use it other than on legal things

4. Have you ever named your car? Tell us about it, please! I have not. My hubs has named his "Chellie"... and I have probably spelled it wrong... "her" and I don't see eye to eye.. lol... She is a very tempermental thing... and being red heads we seem to clash.. lol

5. Tell us the name of a fictional character you have never forgotten and why you remember it so well. Pippy Longstocking. I loved watching the show back in the day. She was just a fun quirky girl.

6. Share something random with us about your week. I have received out of the blue 2 different emails in the last few days from 2 different companies asking if I want to interview with them. One being from a company I interviewed with a few years back, and this new one from an insurance company who reached out from my linkedin account. The first one I am not sure I want to reinterview, as I know its full time and not an option of at home work. The 2nd one, while I am sure its full time, I believe its quite possible an at home/travel job. I have a tentative interview this coming Thursday at 10. Just not quite sureI I am ready to go full time. I like only working 3 days a week and having my 4 day weekend. We shall see. If the $$ is right, I may make a job change.

8 comments:

  1. Trust you will know the right thing to do regarding a possible job change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot about Pippi, my daughter loved her. Well, can't wait to hear about the job interviews. Perhaps one of them will appeal to you and the rest will be history. Happy rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Emails asking you to interview? I'd kill for one of those right now; I'm in the madly applying for everything stage because I have got to find something new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go you! Job opportunities are awesome! Happy Jo Day to you!!!! Thanks for the memories of Pippy - I forgot all about her! She was awesome! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Jo Day to you Miss Jodie. Good for you.. two companies that want to interview you. As I tell my girls, it's awfully nice to be asked! If you do decide to pursue it, I wish you all the luck in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Jo day! I never named my cars either. Good luck with the interview. Even if you decide it's not for you it must be nice to have been contacted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to pique those companies' interest! One of my former roommates would dress as Pippy Longstocking! PJ had amazingly long hair that she'd braid around a wire hanger - both sides sticking straight out sideways. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have an Uncle Joe and I agree, everyone should have one!
    That is exciting about the job. If it is meant to be, it will work out. Keep us posted. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!