Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Wednesday Medley ~ all about Pets...

Found another fun meme to partake in. Head on over to Your Friend From Florida..... for other participants. Here is a medley of questions you may choose to answer on your Wednesday blog. There aren't any rules and there is no obligation. Link up if you want to. I'm doing this to fill my Wednesday and if you are interested, then I invite you to join in!! It might be fun!!



Wednesday Medley are all about Pets...

NATIONAL LOVE YOUR PET DAY – February 20
On February 20th, pet lovers everywhere observe National Love Your Pet Day. This holiday is a day set aside to give extra attention to and pamper your pets. This is a good day to focus on the special relationship that you have with your pets.

Did you know that most households in the United States have at least one pet? While there are more cats than dogs in the United States, more households have dogs than cats, but not by much. Pets are not limited to the canine and feline categories. There are quite a few who prefer the companionship of birds, reptiles, fish or rats. Whoever your pet companion is, we are sure you will enjoy spending a little extra time with them on National Love Your Pet Day and reap the benefits, as well such as stress relief and lower blood pressure. So on February 20 (and every day) show your appreciation to your pets!

HOW TO OBSERVE

Bring your pet a special treat, take an extra long walk or give them more attention on National Love Your Pet Day. Whatever you decide to do, spoil and appreciate your pets! Use #NationalLoveYourPetDay to post on social media.

HISTORY

Within our research, we were unable to identify the creator of National Love Your Pet Day.

1. Have you ever had a special pet in your life? Will you tell us about it? My kitty Lulu...I don't like to play favorites, but she has been my favorite pet so far. She was my lap buddy, and loved curling up under the blankets withe me. She also was all Trent's cat... while she hung out with me alot, she chose him as "her person". The day I found her hiding under the chair in the basement when she became ill was the hardest day of my life...next to the day we put her down to end her suffering. I miss her every day.
I have always been a cat person, but now have a dog... this was my midlife crisis moment.... but I love her none the less! She is one spoiled Boston


2. Did you grow up with pets in your home? What did it teach you? We had cats and dogs when I grew up... I guess to be more responsible

3. Do you ever wonder what animals are thinking? Oh all the time. If only they could communicate with us!!

4. Sometimes a pet gets out and doesn't return for a few days. What do you think happens to them when they go on a walkabout? I don't know... not sure if I would want to know...especially if they run into problems.

5. With cats and dogs being the most popular pets, what is the most exotic pet you have personal experience with (didn't have to be yours)? none really

6. Please tell us something random about your week so far... Started the week off celebrating my oldest's birthday on Sunday (actual bday was Monday). Worked the last 3 days, and really hoping all goes well tomorrow for Lici's surgery.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope your week ahead is filled with lots of blessings!

10 comments:

  1. It's so hard when you have to put a pet down. It helps to have a caring vet who knows just the right things to say.
    Hope all goes well with the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very hard!! Lici's surgery went well. She is back to her high strung/high energy self!

      Delete
  2. Putting a pet down is the worst. It rips my heart out every time. Good luck with the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like Lulu was your heart cat. Mandy is My heart dog and I do not look forward to having to put her down. Lulu was so pretty!
    You crack me up with your midlife crisis moments. Your Boston is a cutie! Loved your answers!! Enjoy the rest of the week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she was, as she was my youngests too.

      The midlife crisis moment... Sept 2013... all thanks to the youngest joining the National Guard.. within one weeks time I got a tatto, quit my job and got a dog.... LOL

      Delete
  4. Thanks for joining the Medley today! I enjoyed reading your stories and memories!! Nice to find another cat person today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would gladly get another cat, but Lici would have no part of it...

      Delete
  5. Took part in Wednesday Medley, and other things. Your pets are lovely and hope you find the find the time to stop in.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!