You can see the others that participate in this fun meme at
Saturday 9.
Saturday 9.
Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: No. 9 Dream (1974)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) John Lennon liked the number 9. It shows up in three of his songs (in addition to this song, he performed "Revolution #9" and "The One after 909" with the Beatles). He was born on the 9th of October, as was his son Sean. Coincidentally, "No. 9 Dream" hit #9 on the Billboard chart. Do you have a favorite number? 7
2) The phrase repeated in the chorus, "Ah bowakawa pousse pousse" means nothing. It's gibberish that John sang until he could come up with "real" lyrics for this melody. Then he decided he liked the sound of it, so he kept it. Can you think of a word that's fun to say just because you like how it sounds? not really
3) John referred to "No. 9 Dream" as an example of "craftsmanship writing." A snatch of the melody just came to him and he got it down on a tape recorder, wrote lyrics, arranged it and recorded it in short order because he needed another song to finish the LP, Walls and Bridges. What's the last thing that you did because you were supposed to or you had to, and not because you wanted to? I had to go in to the office on Wednesday to work prior to my one on one with my new Supervisor... not fun... I did leave on my lunch break and finished out my shift at home!
4) Yet once "No. 9 Dream" was recorded, it became one of John's favorite of his solo songs. He loved its ethereal feel. Tell us about something that turned out better than you thought it would. Working from home... I didn't know if I would like the isolation, and the alone feeling... but man, its great!
5) When he was working, John drank a lot of tea, as many as 30 cups in a day. Do you take your tea with cream, sugar, honey, or lemon? honey with a little lemon
6) During his reclusive years (1975 to 1980), John didn't have household help, preferring to take care of his young son and housework himself. He did, however, have a chauffeur on call around the clock. If you could afford to have a staff of one, what single thing would you have him/her do? housekeeper.... clean... I used to be anal about the housework, but not so much anymore
7) When John was a boy, he requested water colors and colored pencils for his birthday and at Christmastime. Do you recall a special birthday or Christmas gift you received as a child? a Lite Bright... I loved that toy!
8) Beatles producer George Martin said John was "a completely impractical man." Would you describe yourself as impulsive, with flashes of practicality? Or are you practical, with flashes of impulsivity? practical with flashes of impulsivity
9) Random question -- Congratulations! You just one the Saturday 9 Sweepstakes, and the prize is your choice of a boat or a motorcycle. Which one do you take? a boat


I'm glad you got to escape and go home after that meeting.
ReplyDeleteI had a Lite Brite, too! :)
If I had a housekeeper I would feel that I had to clean up first so that they wouldn't see a messy house.
ReplyDeleteI was reading your answers and the responses . .. I would have to trade for a housekeeper, and I defintely would not feel like I had to clean up before they came... the older I get the more I dislike housework!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi. Have a great day. Blessings. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteI used to be super anal about the housework too...then I had to go back to work. I am so tired now. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
I never got a Lite Brite, but always wanted one. I will still play with one if I come across it now. :)
ReplyDeleteI think I would love working from home. Too bad I don't have a job that would work that way. LOL
I have worked from home for years and did very well at it until I became ill. Then I lost my mojo and my get-up-and-go. But I think that's because I'm sick and not because I'm home.
ReplyDelete