Sunday, October 23, 2011

Using a jack o lantern stencil isn't cheating

Guest post written by Sarah Brown

I've never been really great at drawing. That can really complicate making some crafts that I love to do. I'm creative in other realms and can sewing a mean quilt or do other things like that. But tracing or drawing simply doesn't work out for me. So I use lots and lots of stencils and templates to get my drawing for my projects done. Carving a pumpkin this year was no different.

So before I started thinking about carving jack o lanterns, I looked online to find some inspiration and some pictures that I could use as pencils. While I was online, I came across some clear deals. I looked through them a little bit and after that I decided to change over my home internet service to one of those deals.

I found this really great, classic jack o lantern stencil. I was planning on something way more creative though, so I bought two pumpkins and reserved a more creative fall leaves design for the other one. They look perfect together on my front porch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!