Monday, April 12, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday

Good morning everyone! I went MIA for the last weekish. We lost my husbands uncle March 31st. It rattled me... was not expecting this... when you hear you have 6 months and a week later you are gone. The funeral was last Tuesday, it was sad, but yet a good day. I don't think I ever laughed at a funeral service. So many fond memories of Uncle Wayne were mentioned. He will be missed!

And now one with HHM


I am linking up with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Head on over to find some other great bloggers.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


For Today... April 12th, 2021


The weather... Its 43° right now, and the high for today is 63°.


How I am feeling this morning... rested... the day away on Saturday was very much needed.

On my mind... what I am going to do tomorrow... I am not working as I took the day off for my bday.... what to do on a Tuesday!?

On the breakfast plate... french toast bagel

On my reading pile... nothing right now... lost my interest in the Crawdads book, I may pick it up later.

On my tv... Chicago Med, Fire, PD, The Resident, This is Us, New Amsterdam, The Rookie, Big Sky, Blue Bloods, 911, 911-Lone Star, Prodigal Son, Walking Dead, When Calls the Heart, American Housewife, Call Your Mother, American Idol

On the menu this week
Monday ~ spaghetti, garlic bread and a salad
Tuesday ~ pork chops, potatoes, corn and rolls
Wednesday ~ eggs, bacon or sausage and toast
Thursday ~ pizza
Friday ~ leftovers
Saturday ~ ???
Sunday ~ ???

From the camera... The hubs and I headed north on Saturday for my birthday weekend getaway. Did a little shopping in Traverse City, then drove along the lakeshore, stopped in Charlevoix and Petosky before heading home



Looking around the house... I have a messy house... being gone all weekend nothing got done.

Chore I'm not looking forward to today or this week... ugh everything... I shouldn't have to do any chores when its birthday week! LOL

To relax this week, I will... crochet and cross stitch.

On my prayer list... Friends, family, our country

Devotional/Bible Verse/Quote...


In closing...Thank you for stopping by. I hope your week ahead is filled with lots of blessings!

6 comments:

  1. Seems like you had a wonderful weekend. We have a place around her called Charlevoix too.
    My sympathies for your uncle
    Happy belated birthday. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodi:
    My deepest sympathy on the loss of Uncle Wayne.
    Hope you had a wonderful birthday and trip!
    Thank you for sharing your pictures.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for the loss of your uncle. Glad you were able to take a birthday trip. Not clear if you had your birthday already or it is tomorrow so either Happy Early Birthday or Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy late birthday! We lived many years is Michigan before coming home to Louisiana. Hope you have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the loss of your uncle. You know it's so strange, but the past 6 months we have lost family members and friends, all who were given 6 months and within 2 weeks were gone. I choose to believe that God didn't want to let them go through endured pain and chose to take them home to Him.

    Happy late birthday, looks like you had a wonderful time with your hubby.

    Have a blessed week,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear Jodi
    So sorry about your hubby's uncle. Prayers for all of your family. But it sounds like you celebrated his life really well. And I'm glad you got a little getaway for your bday. These days little getaways are sure heavenly things, aren't they? Love the pics - you guys are so cute! Blessings for your bday and wish you many more blessings in the year ahead. 🙏 💕

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!