Monday, January 6, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy 2020! I have been MIA for the last month. Things got busy, trying to get things done for Christmas. The holiday season with family was lots of fun. Christmas Eve the boys and Ivy came over for dinner, gifts and movie night. Christmas day we spent over at my inlaws. We did a white elephant gift exchange, and it was lots of fun. My nephew said that this was lots of fun and wants to do it every year... that' s what we are going to do! New Year's the hubs and I rang in the new year at home.
My mother inlaws tree

My boys and I

Christopher and Ivy

Ivy and I

A mean game of Phase 10

Great Nephew Blaine


New Year's Eve


And now on with the Happy Homemaker Post!


I am linking up with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Head on over to find some other great bloggers.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


For Today... Jan. 6th, 2020

The weather...Its 31°.... And the high of 38° for today.


As I look outside my window...its dark, and not much snow out there...but its coming... ugh

On my bedside table... my alarm clock, Kindle, iPad and a journal

On my reading pile... books are on hiatus right now... but I want to finish Never Unfriended


Movies or Shows I watched this weekend... over the last week I have binged Messiah on Netflix, started the 3 season of Anne with and E (Netflix).

On my TV...shows will be starting back up after the break - 911, The Resident, This Is Us, the Chicago series -Fire/Med/PD, New Amsterdam, Greys, A Million Little Things, Blue Bloods, The Rookie. A few new ones will be added: Deputy, 911 Lonestar

On the menu for this week...
Monday ~ spaghetti and garlic bread
Tuesday ~ fajitas and rice
Wednesday ~ breakfast
Thursday ~ pizza
Friday ~ soup and bread
Saturday ~ ?
Sunday ~ ?

In the craft basket... where do I begin... I have finished my 2019 temp afghan (will have a pic in the From the Camera section, and will be starting a new one, that will now be a Monday only afghan, as I had so much fun ju)st doing the temp afghan on Sunday's only. I have made progress on several cross stitch projects, finished one and have started a few more.


cross stitch projects - these two are close to a finish

a few new starts, one being A granny square temperature chart by Carolyn Manning, this one is going to be fun. And the other is the Grand Rapids skyline



Happening this week:
Monday ~ work, work out
Tuesday ~ work work out
Wednesday ~ work
Thursday ~ errands, craft day (tenatively - we may have a funeral to go to for a family friend on my husbands side
Friday ~ groceries, pick up house, interview
Saturday ~ not sure yet
Sunday ~ church, and not sure what else

Looking around the house... I need to get the Christmas totes put downstairs

From the camera... My finished temp afghan (the ends have been woven in since this pic), I have so loved this project! And a finished cross stitch project




What I'm wearing today... a pink top and fleece jammie pants

One of my simple pleasures...sitting with my snoring pup

A favorite Bible verse, devotion or quote for today...

On my prayer list... for Australia, the fires

In closing...Thank you for stopping by. I hope your week ahead is filled with lots of blessings!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas filled with family & fun. I love your quote for the today, may have to borrow that. My word for this year is "home" so it fits really well. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodi!
    Been MIA too so I understand completely. Seems like you had a great Holiday season. Have a great week. Lovely quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Christmas photos! And I am just blown away by your temperature afghan. It is gorgeous AND it's a feat that you completed it. I've tried and never been able to keep up with it. Here's to a great 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the temperature afghan. I have been reading a lot about these, but I don't crochet really. I know how, but just never take the time. I might have to try something similar one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all kind of disappeared over December lol Glad we are all back though.

    Love your finished afghan and as always, your cross stitch projects are beautiful. Lovely pictures of your Christmas and New year too.

    Have a blessed week Jodi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you all had a great Christmas and New Year, Jody! Loved the video! It was my first time of visiting! Wow! I'm still trying to finish up those last few rows of my temperature afghan. I did mine using the high temperature for each day. Yours turned out absolutely lovely! Have a blessed 2020, my friend, and can't wait to see more of your videos! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm running quite a bit behind visiting this week. I enjoyed catching up on your HHM post. Happy New Year! YAY you finished the temperature afghan - looks great! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!