Saturday, May 4, 2019

Saturday 9 ~ Don't Envy Me

You can see the others that participate in this fun meme at
Saturday 9.

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: Don't Envy Me (1963)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) What is it about you that you believe your friends and acquaintances envy? I have no idea

2) Do you have a friend or acquaintance that you envy? not really

3) This song was not a hit, even though it was written and produced by the super successful team of Burt Bacharach and Hal David. Tell us about a project you had great confidence in at the beginning, but didn't turn out as well as you'd hoped. there was a wreath I was working on that just didn't go how I had envisioned.

4) George Hamilton is better known as an actor. He is proud of his performance in the 1960 movie Light in the Piazza. He played an Italian who romances an American girl on holiday in Florence. Did you ever find love while vacationing? nope...well... I did fall in love with a sweet little baby boy while in Florida... my sweet lil Tucker


5) George had a small part in Godfather III. How many of the Godfather movies have you seen? Have you read the book? I have seen them all several times, never read the book

6) He's gotten a lot of publicity over the years for his personal life, including his 1966 romance with First Daughter Lynda Bird Johnson. At the time, she was living in the White House. Tell us about a memorable experience you had "meeting the parents." It had to do with a Nintendo... my hubs (boyfriend at the time), had got one, not sure if it was the nintendo or nintendo 64, anyways he had his mom hooked on it and one of the weekends that he was at my place he brought it with him for us to use for the weekend. His mom went downstairs to play a few rounds of Mario and found it gone... I get a call, "so not only are you stealing my baby boy, but now you have stolen the nintendo??" I laughed so hard...she had withdrawals all weekend.. LOL

7) George is also known for his year-round tan. Have you ever used a tanning bed? Or self tanner? both, but not for several years

8) In 1963, when this record was released, President Kennedy made a historic trip to Ireland. Have you ever visited the land of your ancestors? I have not

9) Random question -- The last of a batch of delicious chocolate chip cookies just fell on your kitchen floor. Would you eat it? probably not

16 comments:

  1. #6 -- You can sure get hooked on those games, can't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your answer about the propsective MIL was a hoot! She sounded pretty fun! NOw I envy you that experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so funny.... my FIL had to go out and buy her one of her own.

      Delete
  3. That Tucker is adorable! That's pretty funny about your MIL and the Nintendo! Did she get one of her own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did... my FIL went and bought her one! She has since, have pretty much each system out there.

      Delete
  4. I do not like the word envy, but I do admire how creative you are. I just love all of the pretty things that you make!
    The MIL story is hilarious! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! I enjoy the crafty-ness...

      Delete
  5. What a little cutie Tucker is!i Those chubby little cheeks were just made for pinching and smooching.
    Ha! The MIL story is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish he was closer so I cough pinch those cheeks!

      Delete
  6. That babi Boi is so cute!
    Never had anything to play Mario on but we did have a pacman thing. It was addictive!
    Have a great week Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's my sweetie! Oh man, how addicting was pac man!?!? Loved that game!

      Delete
  7. Hooked on Nintendo! Ha. That is cool. What a fun MIL - one who loves video games.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!