Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Wednesday Medley ~National Oreo Cooke Day


Found another fun meme to partake in. Head on over to Your Friend From Florida..... for other participants. Here is a medley of questions you may choose to answer on your Wednesday blog. There aren't any rules and there is no obligation. Link up if you want to. I'm doing this to fill my Wednesday and if you are interested, then I invite you to join in!! It might be fun!!


NATIONAL OREO COOKIE DAY - March 6

Be ready to observe by having your glass of milk handy as it is National Oreo Cookie Day. This day is recognized across the nation each year on March 6th.

The Oreo sandwich cookie is made up of two chocolate disks containing a sweet cream filling and is loved by millions. Since it’s introduction, the Oreo cookie has become the best-selling cookie in the United States.

The National Biscuit Company (today known as Nabisco) first developed and produced the “Oreo Biscuit” in 1912 at its Chelsea factory in New York City. Today, the block on which the factory was located is known as “Oreo Way”.
  • The name “Oreo” was first trademarked on March 14, 1912.
  • The first Oreo cookies in the United States sold for 25 cents a pound in clear glass topped novelty cans.
  • In 1912, the Oreo Biscuit was renamed to “Oreo Sandwich”.
  • In 1948, the Oreo Sandwich was renamed to “Oreo Creme Sandwich”.
  • William A. Turnier developed the modern-day Oreo design in 1952 to include the Nabisco logo.
  • Nabisco’s principal food scientist, Sam Porcello, developed the modern Oreo cookie filling.

HOW TO OBSERVE

Grab a glass of milk and a handful of Oreos to enjoy and use #NationalOreoCookieDay to post on social media.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1. Are you able to pass by a plate of cookies and not take one or are you a bit of a 'Cookie Monster'? It all depends on the cookies!

2. Tell us about your favorite cookie. Have your tastes changed since you were a kid? Oatmeal Raisin and Butterscotch ones have always been my favorite... and nothing has changed!

3. Inquiring minds want to know if you are a dunker and, if so, do you dunk in milk, coffee, or tea? I am NOT a dunker... I don't like soggy things

4. It is that time of year and they are selling them on every corner and in front of every store! Do you buy Girl Scout cookies and if you do, which is your favorite? I used to, and would get them from my friends kids... but no longer buy... they are too expensive for the amount of cookies you get... the Thin Mints were our favorite ones... . I have since found a dupe to these sold at the Dollar Tree... just as good and way cheaper!

5. Raw cookie dough. Yay or Nay? eh... I will nibble a little bit now... in years past I used to love it... the hubs he always has to get his hands in the raw cookie dough!

6. Please tell us something random about your week!! Since last week I finished the flooring in my craft room, come on by to see it! I so love it, my hubs did a great job! The work week so far has been horrific, management just needs to take a step back, all the micromanaging is tiring. I am ready for Thursday to get here so I can relax (I don't work Thurs-Sun) and play in my craft room and enjoy the new floor.. lol

24 comments:

  1. Well, so nice to meet you Jodi! What a lovely blog and I look forward to visiting again soon. I'm not a "dunker" either. :o)) And, you are so right, GSC are way overpriced but guess their profit accounts for a large portion of that. :o(( Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micromanaging is the worst. Good luck with that. In the meantime, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am done voicing my opinion there... for now I am just going to clock in do my job and clock out. It doesn't pay to voice your opinion when they ask you to.. it always comes back to bite you. So now I will remain quiet. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. The Girl Scout boxes are definitely smaller than they used to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I SO don't miss the micro-managing that went on at my last job!
    That new flooring is beautiful. Love your color scheme, and especially that dear white window seat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The window seat is my favorite too!

      Delete
  5. Whenever I buy girl scout it is about the donation only - they really are a rip off for the amount of cookies! HA HA! I am off to the dollar store to location those cookie dups!! YUM! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find them... I have one box left, so I am on the hunt for more!

      Delete
  6. I am interested in the copy cat Thin Mints!! I have never had a butterscotch cookie nor have I seen a recipe while browsing cookbooks. Interesting. I'm not a dunker either. It ruins the cookie and the liquid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The butterscotch are the oatmeal scotchies... I couldn't for life of me remember the name of them, but thanks to Stacy's comment below I now remember!

      Delete
  7. Went over and looked at your new floor and it looks great, very pretty. AND...I love oatmeal raisin cookies too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I still can't get over the change in there just by putting in the new floor.

      Delete
  8. I love oatmeal raisin cookies! I am not a dunker either..so gross.
    I am super excited to see your craft room, I will look around to find it! Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My agenda for today.... hang out in the craft room, and in the kitchen to bake some cookies!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for joining the Medley today!! Nice to meet you and read your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, wow a craft room. I sure hope you have a good week.
    On Wednesday I have fun and meet all sort of bloggers.
    If you have time stop in for a cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love my craft room!! I will be making my way to your blog.

      Delete
  11. The flooring looks great!
    Oatmeal Scotchies are a close second to Toll House cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Baking some cookies are on my agenda for today!

      Delete
  12. Being micromanaged is a pain. I'm so lucky not to be working anymore. Your flooring in your craft room looks great! Thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I wasn't working.... Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!