Saturday, March 9, 2019

Saturday 9 ~ Up on the Roof

You can see the others that participate in this fun meme at
Saturday 9.


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: Up on the Roof (1979)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) JT sings that, when the world gets him down, he goes up on the roof to find peace. When you're "feeling tired and beat," what do you do to cheer yourself up? go shopping or hang out with friends

2) He sings that, at night, the stars put on a show for free. Are you economizing, or sticking to a budget? sticking to a budget

3) In addition to recording this song for his album, Flag, James Taylor surprised the song's composer, and his good friend. Carole King by performing it the night she received her Kennedy Center Honor (see link above). Tell us about a good turn a friend has done for you recently. just being there with a listening ear

4) James Taylor and Carole King have been good friends for decades, but they have never been romantically involved. Do you have platonic friends of the opposite sex? yes

5) James was born in the Boston hospital where his father worked as a resident physician. Are there any doctors or nurses in your family? no doctors or nurses, but I'm a medical assistant

6) When James was young, his family moved to Chapel Hill, NC. James has vivid memories of how beautiful the area was in all four seasons. What's your favorite time of year? I love Summer for the warm sunny days... but Fall is my favorite time of year

7) In 1979, when this recording was popular, ESPN launched. Do you often watch that cable sports channel? only when the hubs has it on

8) Also in 1979, the Voyager spacecraft sent photos back to earth that revealed Jupiter's rings. Without looking it up, can you name all the planets in our solar system? uhhhh... nope

9) Random question: Our Saturday 9 Wizards give you a choice -- you can be 20 years old and gorgeous, 30 years old and brilliant, or 40 years old and rich. Which do you choose? 40 and rich

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for #8. I thought maybe I was the only one who didn't pay attention in science class! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a priceless gift, having someone who truly listens! After enduring sticky summers, isn't Fall such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your job sounds so interesting! I have thought about trying that in the past, but never did.
    That is so good you have a friend that listens to you. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree completely with 40 and rich! Nice to have a friend who listens I think!
    Have a wonderful Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to sing the planet song I learned as a child to name them ==but the song doesn't put them in order.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took an Astronomy class in college so planets get embedded in a person's head when a grade is attached to it.
    40 and rich has to be the best answer. It's young enough to be able to send all the kids to the best schools, and still go skiing in the Alps. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, friends with a listening ear are a real treasure for sure! Looks like most of us could not name all the planets. Their just not important enough to me to use up what brain space I have to remember them. :o)) Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed my visit... and an listening ear is a wonderfully gifted friend to have!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually as much as I like James Taylor I liked The Drifters version better. They had the hit in 1972. Fall is my favorite time of the year too. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having someone who listens is indeed a gift. Most people don't, they're so busy trying to answer the first part of what you said they miss the rest. And the rest is usually what is important!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!