Saturday, April 17, 2010

Success

I love reading weight loss success stories, it encourages me. I want to be a success story! Now granted I don't have a ton of weight to lose, but I have some none the same. I think I am now on the right path, with what I should be eating and what I should be avoiding. I haven't had a pop in over a week, and can feel some differences already! Mainly being that my teeth don't hurt anymore.

I have found a few recipes I want to incorporate into our weekly menus, so hoping the guys will like them and not balk at the idea of something new. Not only will it benefit me, it will benefit them as well!

I am trying this one out tonight, but only with Mahi Mahi fish

Broiled Fish Dijon

Ingredients:

6 swordfish steaks, cut about 1 inch thick (5 to 6 oz. each)
1 1/2 pounds small zucchini (about 6), cut lengthwise into halves
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
Paprika
2 tablespoons drained capers

Instructions:

Preparation time: About 5 minutes
Broiling time: About 10 minutes

Rinse fish and pat dry. Then arrange fish and zucchini, cut side up, in a single layer on an oiled rack in a large broiler pan. Drizzle with lemon juice. Broil 4 to 6 inches below heat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together mustard and garlic.

Turn fish over; spread with mustard mixture. Continue to broil until zucchini is lightly browned and fish is just opaque but still moist in thickest part; cut to test (about 5 more minutes). Sprinkle fish and zucchini with paprika and capers.

Nutrition information:
Per serving: 192 calories (28% calories from fat), 6 grams total fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 54 milligrams cholesterol, 324 milligrams sodium, 4 grams carbohydrates, 0.6 grams fiber, 29 grams protein, 25 milligrams calcium, 2 milligrams iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!