Monday, March 15, 2010

Baking, movies and home repairs

Tomorrow is going to be a baking day I think. I have some really ripe bananas, and hubby has been asking for banana muffins again. Trent wants peanut butter cookies, and I am dieing for a cheesecake! Oh and guess what goes on sale tomorrow!?!?! The next movie in the Twilight series, New Moon! I am so excited. Even though Edward wasn't in this one as much, its still a must have in my video collection!

This is the cheesecake I am thinking about making. I have all of the ingredients except for the condensed milk. I may cheat and buy a ready made graham cracker crust, that would make the following recipe even easier to make! Times like this I wish I had my hand mixer still. I think I may have to go out and buy one when I get the milk tomorrow.

Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
Photobucket

Ingredients
1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 3/4 cups finely crushed cinnamon graham crackers
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 large eggs
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In blender container, blend strawberries until smooth. In saucepan, combine strawberry puree and cornstarch; cook and stir until thickened. Cool.

2. Combine graham crumbs and butter in small bowl; press firmly on bottom of greased 13x9-inch baking pan.

3. In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add eggs, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Pour over crust.

4. Drop strawberry mixture by spoonfuls over batter. Gently swirl with a knife or spatula. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until center is set. Cool. Cut into bars. Chill. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.

This will make my hubby's day, after all of the repairs he has been doing in the kitchen. Hopefully the last coat of drywall mud has been put on, and the sanding can be done. I am ready to paint the ceiling and get my light put back up. I am tired of tripping over the extension cord of the halogen lamp that is our temporary light in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!